Whether you are a local NYC couple or one who will travel to our beautiful city, there are obligations that must be upheld in order for the ceremony to preside. Ceremonies by Elizabeth is pleased to share the following links about getting married in NY, NJ, CT, & PA.
Ceremonies Consist Of
- Greeting of guests
- Commitment of marriage – a brief lecture about the marriage & commitment.
- Reading – (couples desire) – words that will express their love, commitment, can be in any variation you desire from poetic, scriptural, humorous, spiritual, serious to sincere and meaningful.
- Expression of vows – (couples desire) your commitment of love for each other can be traditional or customized.
- Exchange of rings – a true expression of your commitment as presenting each other with the promise of an unbroken circle of love, representing you both as each desires.
- Pronouncement of marriage – your formal announcement of becoming a married couple, partners in marriage, husband and wife.
- Introduction of the couple – the presentation of the married couple for the very first time.
- Mailing of the completed marriage license to the appropriate office of the County Clerk or where applicable.
Additional Services – Ceremonies by Elizabeth
- Inclusion of children – this can be done during any part of the ceremony; for pre-teenage children especially a small gift exchange (rings, chains, bracelets, etc.) may be appropriate after the couple’s exchange of rings.
- Sand Ceremony – similar theme of unity expressed by pouring individual sand containers into a common sand receptacle.
- Remembrance Candle or Photograph of loved ones unable to be present.
- Unity Candle Ceremony – lighting of unity candle by couple, and /or members of the family following exchange of rings.
- Lasso Ceremony – lacing of a lasso, (crystal, roses, lace, rope) symbolic of the figure 8 – hung over shoulders as vows are exchanged .
- Wine Ceremony – same as the sand , pouring of wine into a common wine receptacle to form one.
- Rose Ceremony – the couple, or Groom & Bride present roses to Parents, mothers / grandmothers after the exchange of rings (if you wish these items can be provided at additional charge).
- Venue Selection, Permits, Music (additional services).
- Release of Butterflies or Doves – your announcement of marriage at the end of your ceremony (allowed species can be arranged).
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-18785861-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);